When you’re blessed with lots and lots of fresh blackberries, it’s time to make blackberry ice pops!!
’cause you’ll need a lot more that just one.
To make approximately 12 pops, use 4-5 cups
place them in your blender with sugar and water. If you have a blender like mine, the berries should probably reach the 5 cup line on your blender.
freeze in molds until solid (5 or more hours)
makes approximately 12 blackberry ice pops
- 18-24 ounces (4-5 cups) of fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup- 3/4 cup sugar depending on berries and preference
- 1 and 2/3 cups of water (4 cups of berries) or 1 and 3/4 cups of water (5 cups of berries)
- Thoroughly wash and pick through your berries. Removing any that may look questionable
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- use a spoon to taste mixture for desired sweetness. Add sugar if needed.
- Pour mixture into molds, place lids, and freeze until solid. If you are not using molds, pour mixture into glasses and freeze for about 2 hours. Add Popsicle sticks and then continue freezing until solid.
- To enjoy, run the mold/ glass under tepid water for several seconds just until it’s loose enough to remove your ice-pop from its mold.